IIBA® Seattle Chapter Board Openings
Reasons to join:
- Make a difference - Take an active role in advancing the business analysis in the local community
- Teamwork – IIBA® Seattle Chapter Board members make up a great group of individuals whose purpose and friendship extend beyond the boardroom
- Advance your career – Volunteering on a professional organization board is a great way to boost your career
- Earn CDUs – You can get up to 30 CDUs per cycle toward your IIBA® recertification for volunteering as a member of the board
- Networking – Being on the board allows you to meet individuals from many companies and industries
- Professional Development – Board members receive leadership training and support from IIBA® International.
Board members serve a two-year term. Once elected, the term will be July 1, 2021 through June 30, 2023. To be nominated, a person must be in good standing as an IIBA® member and as an IIBA® Seattle Chapter member. Here is the list of positions that are open for election this year:
Secretary - Plays a critical role in communicating and ensuring proper management and use of important organization records. Is the conduit for communication between the board, management, and members, by giving proper notice of any meetings and timely distribution of materials such as agendas and meeting minutes. Tracks important filing deadlines, and files Chapter forms with the Secretary of State, the state tax agency, and the IRS.
Vice President (VP) Professional Development – Responsible for the professional development and educational programs designed to increase the competence of the business analysis community, including certification study and readiness programs. Organizes, promotes, and facilitates BABOK study groups which is of key value to members, and a driver of membership.
These Board positions are working positions and not just advisory. Detailed job descriptions are available by clicking on the hyperlinked Board position titles above.
Nominations are conducted by email. If you would like to nominate yourself or someone else, please submit to info@seattle.IIBA.org :
- letter (<1 page) describing which position you are interests, why you would like to serve on the board and your qualifications
- current resume or CV
- bio (<250 words)
- your contact information including email and phone number
- your IIBA® membership number
- .jpeg photo (optional), which will be published on the Chapter website
Nominations will open March 27. The deadline to nominate is May 7. When there is not at least one candidate for each open position, the Committee may choose to extend this deadline, with notice to the membership.
Complete election information and eligibility requirements available here.
March 23 Elections announced, nominations open
April 27 Review of Board roles at April Chapter meeting
May 7 Nominations close; Election Committee confirms eligibility
May 11 Elections Committee presents candidate list to Board
May 25 Candidates present themselves at May Chapter meeting
May 25 Voting begins immediately after the May Chapter meeting
June 7 Voting ends at 11:59 PM
June 8 Elections Committee tallies the votes
June 9 Elections Committee presents elections results to Board
June 22 New Board introduced at June Chapter meeting