Critical Skills for Writing Better Requirements (1/18/2020 - 1/19/2020)
Join us for our Agile BA training with a focus on building your Critical Skills for Writing Better Requirements from IIBA Seattle Chapter!
Register from here: https://seattle.iiba.org/event/critical-skills-writing-better-requirements-1182020-1192020
Topic: Critical Skills for Writing Better Requirements
Location: Mercer Island Community Center
Date: Saturday, 1/18/2020 - Sunday, 1/19/2020
Trainer: Razvan Radulian
Primary Expertise: Business/Enterprise Architecture, Business Analysis, Business Process Analysis/Management, User Experience/Usability, OOAD, UML
Education/Credentials: MBA, Duke University, Fuqua School of Business, PMP, ICP, ICP-BVA, PMI-ACP
Our failure to understand users’ requirements is the most common source of project defects, delays and cancellations. The accumulating evidence is unequivocal: most serious problems associated with projects are related directly to requirements. Critical Skills for Writing Better Requirements attacks the problem of project failures by addressing their root causes: incomplete, poorly defined, and/or changing requirements.
This two-day course will give you hands-on experience with the latest proven techniques for gathering requirements. Lively lectures combined with insightful demonstrations and realistic practice exercises will provide you with the competence and confidence to improve project outcomes through better requirements elicitation. You’ll gain a thorough understanding of the challenges faced in defining correct requirements, practical approaches for eliciting and documenting requirements, and strategies for managing requirements throughout the project life cycle. If you participate in defining project scope, capturing requirements, or managing project scope, you can’t afford to miss this course!
- Improve tools and techniques for gathering and developing more precise requirements
- Increase customers’ satisfaction by determining and understanding their true needs
- Prevent errors in specifications by defining project scope up front
- Identify the key players and learn to communicate effectively with them
- Learn how to collect and use metrics so you can plan better
- Lower development/maintenance costs by designing cost-effective processes
- Understand how to plan and manage the software development life cycle more effectively
- Develop templates and checklists that work
- Save money by reducing and managing ever-present scope creep
- Improve business analysis techniques to reduce project cost
Who should attend:
This writing business requirements training course is valuable for all those involved in managing and defining projects.
This seminar is for you if you are a:
- Business Customer or Partner who wants to work more effectively with IT colleagues to identify project requirements for solving business problems
- Business Analyst who needs to define or gather users' business requirements
- Business Systems Analyst who wants to understand user's business requirements, translate them into clear statements of functional and system requirements and add value to IT projects
- Systems Analyst who must develop correct technical specifications from functional and system requirements
- Designer or Developer who desires to produce a high-quality system from the functional and systems requirements
- Project Manager or Team Leader who must ensure that IT project team members correctly understand customer needs and deliver high quality solutions within project constraints.
|Member||$ 798.00||$ 898.00||$ 998.00|
|Non-Member||$ 998.00||$ 1,098.00||$ 1,198.00|
|Group booking >=5||$ 798.00||$ 798.00||NA|
- Classroom size: 8 -24 trainees
- Refereal bonus: If you registered the course yourself, and later you introduced your friends/collegues to join this class together with you, you will receive a $50 rebate per referred individual (Max $150) after your friends/collegues complete the course.
- Group booking: Group booking from the same company/institution with 5 or move than 5 trainees will receive the special group rate by 12/24/2019. Group booking rate cannot be combined with the individual referal bonus offer.
- If your organization is willing to offer a meeting venue and you have at least 5 team members to join our boot camp, you will get a sepcial Coroperate Sponsor Rate, please contact VP of Professional Development for more details (email@example.com)
- For any cancllation request by trainees: Full price refund will be provided on and before December18th 2019, Half price refund will be provided between December 19th 2019 and January 4th, 2020, No refund can be provided on and after Janurary 5th 2020.
- IIBA Seattle reserves the rights to change any of the terms and conditions on above training information without notice.